Abstract submission is open!
- Submission deadline: January 31, 2024.
- At least one author must register in full in order to attend the congress and present the abstract (in case of both Podium presentations and Posters).
- One author must not present more than one oral presentation and one poster presentation.
- Maximum 2 submissions per main author are allowed.
- Your abstract will be considered in competition with other submissions.
If the abstract is not deemed suitable for podium presentation, it will automatically be considered for poster presentation.
- List of ESB 2024 tracks (submission categories) is available below.
- Submission for Perspective talks is open until 30 November 2023. More information on submission for Perspective talks available here.
- Please check the time and lecture room of your presentation in the daily programme and in the conference app as there might have been some last-minute changes (the detailed program will be available soon!)
- All presentations must be prepared and delivered in English.
- All presenters are asked to respect the duration of presentations as follows:
– 12 min. (incl. discussion) for podium presentations,
– 25 min. (incl. discussion) for perspective talks,
– 45 min. (incl. discussion) for keynote lectures.
- The chairs are requested to stop the presentation after the allotted time has passed.
- Slide format:
– MS PowerPoint, landscape format (all congress center PC’s have Office 2019)
– 16:9 HD presentations (1080p)
– films embedded videos in power point for optimal compatibility (do not forget to embed your fonts and to bring your video files separately, as back-up solution)
– the use of personal laptops for presentation is not allowed
Central speakers’ upload center will be located in the Congress center and technicians will check the presentation with you and upload it to the correct meeting room. Please bring your presentation on USB and come to upload it ideally on the day before, or at least 2 hours before your session starts.
If you are presenting in one of the first morning sessions on June 27, you should come to upload your presentation ideally on the day before (June 26) in the afternoon – if you are already in Porto – or directly on June 27 at 7:30 am. No presentations should be uploaded directly in the meeting rooms.
- Please check the time and lecture room of your presentation in the ESB 2022 final program, which you will receive at the registration desk at the conference, or in the online program.
- Make sure to be present in the meeting room at least 10 minutes prior to the start of your session and let the chairperson know you are there. Please make sure to stay in your session from the beginning on to ensure smooth changes between the individual presentations.
- There will be assisting staff in each lecture room if any problems occur.
- Abstracts template use is mandatory, please download the template here.
- The abstract should be compiled without changing the styles (The easiest way to use this abstract form is by cutting and pasting unformatted text into each section to maintain the document’s present format.)
- The abstract should include the following sections: Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, and References.
- Abstracts must not exceed one page (a word count of approximately 500 words).
- The abstracts should be uploaded as PDF document through the conference website. Maximum size of the PDF file: 1 Mb.
- Please refer directly to the Abstract template document for the complete guidelines.
Podium presentations with awards: please follow the instructions in the submission system for the upload of the additional required documents
Podium presentation with ESB Student Awards (Abstract itself, a second separate PDF document including the applicant’s CV AND a letter of support – statement by the student’s supervisor confirming that the applicant is a doctoral student, and the proof of author’s ESB membership).
Podium presentation with ESB Travel Awards (Abstract itself, a second separate PDF document including the applicant’s CV and a brief outline and justification for the proposed travel, and the proof of ESB membership).
Podium presentation with Clinical Biomechanics Award
Attention: Each abstract can only be submitted for one Award. Therefore, the same abstract cannot contest for more than one of Clinical Biomechanics, Student award or Travel Award. More information regarding the awards is to be found on the Society webpage.
ESB 2022 Tracks
3D printing in biomedicine
Advance computing for biomechanics
AI in biomechanics
Animal and plant biomechanics
Biofluid and transport
Biomechanics of aging
Biomechanics of movement and posture
Cellular and molecular biomechanics / mechanobiology
Clinical and translational biomechanics / in silico trials
Computer aided diagnosis, planning, and surgery
Ergonomics / occupational biomechanics / rehabilitation
Experimental biomechanics (others)
Hard tissue biomechanics
Impact / injury biomechanics
Implants / orthotics / prosthetics / devices
Robots and biomechanics
Soft tissue biomechanics
Virtual and augmented reality in biomechanics
Abstract submission categories
- In silico and in vivo clinical trials
- Verification, validation and uncertainties quantification
- Computational biology
- Additive manufacturing for biomedical applications
- Humanoid robotics and mechatronics
- In vivo measurement, sensors and experimental biomechanics
- New mathematics in biomechanics
- Biomechanics education
- Data driven healthcare and machine learning in biomechanics
- Animal and plant biomechanics
- Respiratory biomechanics
- Dental biomechanics
- Ocular biomechanics
- Reproductive biomechanics